Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Ancestors

My Ancestors

I'm uncertain about the usefulness of this particular widow's pension file because the widow is the third wife of my great-great-grandfather and I'm am a descendant of his first wife. Can there possibly be helpful information in this pension file? Is it worth my time to transcribe all the documents? Let's see.
The veteran is Ellis H. Biggerstaff/Bickerstaff who served in Company D, 157th Regiment, Ohio Volunteer Infantry, from May 2, 1864 to September 2, 1864. The widow is Lucy Biggerstaff/ Bickerstaff.
There are 25 documents in Lucy's widow's pension file. They span nearly six years, from July 27, 1907 until March 4, 1913. Lucy died on May 14, 1913.

My Ancestors

My Ancestors

My Ancestors

My Ancestors

My Ancestors

My Ancestors

My Ancestors

My Ancestors

My Ancestors

My Ancestors

My Ancestors

My Ancestors

My Ancestors

My Ancestors

My Ancestors

My Ancestors

My Ancestors


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I find your post very informative. Thank you for making this topic intriguing and enjoyable to read for everyone.

    family tree

    ReplyDelete